Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fitness | H Y D R A T I O N

2.2 liter bottle from whole foods

Staying hydrated can be one of the most challenging things to do while on your fitness journey. I know this because I too struggle with it. I can honestly go a whole day without drinking water, seriously give me 2 or 3 cups of apple juice and I'm  straight! But not getting enough water can set you back from achieving virtually any of your fitness goals. Why you ask? 
Well here's 10 facts on why water is so important:

1) For one your body's about 60% water, so without it you pretty much can't function!
2)Water regulates body temperature. 
3)Water carries nutrients and oxygen to cells. Which is important because of the muscle breakdown after a vigorous workout. 
4) Water protects body organs and tissues
5) Helps prevent constipation, (something  no one wants)
6) Keeps the skin clear by pushing out toxins from the body.
7) promotes weight loss by boosting metabolism
8) Relives headaches by hydrating the body.
9) Water can boost your energy when you're feeling sluggish. 
10) Water lubricates joints. 

Its recommended that we drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. But if you're a person who's busy and on the go, you won't have time to carry around 8 glasses of water with you. Nor will you have time to keep count and measurement of exactly what you have or haven't drank for the day. A great solution to this is to invest in a good reusable water bottle. Start with something small like 16-24 ounces. If you find yourself refilling the bottle multiple times a day then you're right on track! This means you're slowly boosting your metabolism and increasing your water intake. Now you can invest in a larger bottle, I got my 2.2 liter (74.39 oz) bottle from whole foods for $7.99. I love that it has a screw on top instead of a sports top, so I can fill it with yummy fruit when I want to do a detox or add little flavor to my water. 
No mater where you are in your fitness journey; beginner, intermediate, advanced, haven't yet started because you're not quite sure where to begin, just make sure you're staying hydrated!
What are some of your favorite ways to stay hydrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment