Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fitness Fiend

Fitness hasn't always been a part of my life. I've always been physically active but not physically fit. 
And yes, there is a difference! 
Being physically active just means you're meeting the minimum requirement of activity that should be done on a day to day basis. For example playing with the kids, mowing the lawn, or cleaning the house are all day to day activities that will keep you active. Being physically fit is going above the minimum, doing actual workouts or resistance training. Having a healthy diet also goes along with being physically fit. Because in order to build muscle, lose weight, lean out or what ever your fitness goals are, you have to eat right and your body will do what you want it to do! 

I started my fitness journey about  2 and a half years ago. I was working in a gym doing guest services, which meant dealing with all the meat heads, gym rats and pre-workout junkies that came in and out of the gym. Like I said before, I was physically active but not fit, so one day when one of the trainers told me to join him during his workout I thought, "Hey why not give it a shot!". I had no idea that I would fall in love with the feeling of being fit and the whole idea of fitness itself. Don't get me wrong, that first workout damn near killed me! Lol! I was no where near the level the trainer was on and I felt it the next day. Like I REALLY felt it!!! 
Since then, I have become a pronounced gym rat myself. I workout 5 days a week, eat healthy, 90% of the time (eating super clean is the hardest part 😢). It's my goal to get to 100% because I do want to compete in a fitness competition one day. Staying dedicated and disciplined with my clean eating is my current goal. With that being said, I hope to compete next year in a bikini fitness competition.
trying to be cute after a 3 mile run

typical gym rat selfie 

still working on getting it down for competition






I learn more and more as my fitness journey progresses. So keep a look out for future tips and tricks on how I eat clean, and my workout routine.
As always have a great rest of your week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment